September 11th is Tethered to My Heart

 


Like many of you, I remember where I was, what I was doing, and how I felt when the news of the 9/11 attacks occurred.

“A plane just flew into the World Trade Center,” a coworker yelled out as I combed through information on my monitor.

The first plane to hit one of the towers of the World Trade Center was American Airlines flight 11, a Boeing 767.

Somehow, workers pulled out portable TVs and radios to take in more of the horrific accident. Initially, that was how I took it. A horrible accident that killed everyone aboard the aircraft and set ablaze the building.

While captivated by the news coverage and the camera crews on site, filming the inferno, a second plane hit the second tower.

The crash was no accident.

My company sent workers home, and I remained numb, stunned that we had experienced a terrorist attack. I couldn’t stop watching the news in the safety of my home.

Big mistake. As fires grew inside the buildings, people jumped to their deaths. My eyes witnessed it through the tube of my TV, but my mind couldn’t grasp it.

Those images would stay with me for years. I couldn’t talk about that fateful day.

Yet, I made it a point to live my life on purpose, for all those who’d gone about their day, unknowing they would never make it home to their wives or husbands, kids, sister or brother.

I faced the task of living presently and on purpose. But how was I to start? What was I to do to make my life more meaningful?

What I came up with was simple. Follow my dreams. Find joy in everyday living. Laugh. Live in the moment. Appreciate loved ones. Forgive others as well as myself. Honor my talents and dreams. And always give back in some manner or another.

Let’s never forget!

 

Feel free to check me out:

My website: https://www.pamelatowns.net/

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Pamela-Towns/e/B01ETM80I8%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share

 


Comments

Popular Posts