DREAM WHISPERS

 



Now and then, a creative project reaches out and unexpectedly touches me. My story outline, “Stay,” based on one woman’s experience with reoccurring dreams, has done just that for me.  


While my fictional character interacts with abused Kenyan girls, even jeopardizing her own life, through much research, I’ve come to learn that real-life human trafficking is a growing problem across the country and in the U.S.


 I’ve also come to learn that the Salvation Army offers services for this cause. My investigation on the subject led me to numerous safe houses in Kenya and the U.S. that also suggest ways individuals can help. My project often tears me up, yet, it is laced with beauty and hope.


It even inspired me to contribute to this cause, and for that, I am grateful.


Are there any causes you’ve decided to dedicate your efforts to?


Comments

Popular Posts